Tuesday, June 2, 2009

What kind of bottles?

My heart belongs to these bottles.

Okay, my heart belongs to God, Matt, Bubby & Boo (in that order), but these bottles are some of my favorite earthly possessions. So what are they?

Dr. Brown's bottles. I love them. I tried a couple of different brands with my son because I had heard that some babies will only take a certain kind of bottle. To combat that with my daughter, I brought Dr. Brown's bottles to the hospital. She's never taken anything else, and the only complaints I've ever gotten from her are that I don't make the ba-ba fast enough!!

Dr. Brown's bottles are manufactured by the Handi-Craft Corporation. You can read all about how they work here http://www.handi-craft.com/

I've read all about them and basically, that vent inside the bottle works to help keep the air out of the baby's tummy. Less air=less gas=less fussy baby. These bottles have 6 parts:
the bottle itself,

the vent, the thing the vent attaches to,

the nipple, the collar,

and the disk.

I'll talk more about cleaning and storing these bottles here.


FYI--I get no money from the Dr. Brown's company for endorsing these bottles. They're just amazing. Also, these bottles were purchased in 2007, before all this BPA Free nonsense, so you can't purchase these EXACT bottles anymore, but Dr. Brown's has a wide range of BPA Free and glass bottles to choose from. They are available at most drug stores, supercenters, and, of course, baby stores.

No comments:

Post a Comment